These are the major mandates that MOE needs to carry out.
- set up public elementary and high schools.
- manage public elementary and secondary schools.
- operate public elementary and secondary schools.
- promote public elementary and secondary schools.
- develop educational curriculum and standards.
- implement educational curriculum and standards.
- other related matters.
PNC 22§101: an educational system which shall enable the citizens of Palau to participate fully in the progressive development of the Republic as well as to gain knowledge in all areas.
- increase citizen participation in economic and social development.
- unify the Republic by giving the people knowledge of their islands, economy, government and [the] world.
- provide citizens of the Republic with the knowledge and skills required for self-development and the development of the Republic.
- students who have to relocate to attend high school must be provided with daily transportation, room and board at a dorm, or residence assistance (this is stated as a national government responsibility, not specifically for MOE).